Hello everyone! Welcome to the Fulfilling Destiny blog!
Thank you for supporting our mission to support those experiencing homelessness to have their period with dignity.
This August at Fulfilling Destiny, we had various volunteer acts and even new volunteers to join the FD family! Just like the last few months, many of our regular events were postponed. Despite this, we have so many supportive individuals that continue to work hard to provide menstrual products to those who need it.
Eya, the founder of our organization, has been working diligently all summer handling Dignity Bag distribution in addition to taking summer classes. On August 3rd, Eya distributed 30 Dignity Bags to MJ Housing and Services.
In July, volunteers, Bridget and Miranda assembled Dignity Bags with their families. This August, Bridget delivered them to Home Start Inc.
Home Start Inc. is an incredible non-profit organization dedicated to helping children in abusive and risky situations find safety, which in turn has strengthened families and their larger communities. Read more about Home Start Inc. here.
We also had a recent donation of pads from Debbie! Thank you so much for your support! We are so appreciative for all of the hard work and support from our volunteers for assembling and delivering Dignity Bags! Having safe and socially-distant opportunities to give back to our community is something we are grateful for. Thank you to all of our volunteers for your dedication!
If you are interested in hosting your own packing party or delivering Dignity Bags, please contact: email@example.com
We also had a few more amazing Community Outreach interns join the Fulfilling Destiny team! Please welcome Monica Kerolos, Jas Ladao, and Gabby Fernandez. Keep an eye out for our staff spotlights on Instagram and in our monthly newsletters to learn more about our awesome interns! We are so happy to have you join our family and are eager to see what you accomplish in these next few months!
Here are some ways to get more involved:
To keep our community safe, we ask that you consider a monetary donation instead of donating products in person. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and generosity! We are inspired by your support and desire to get more involved!
- Ways to Donate
- Submit a Period Journey story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read Period Journey Story submissions
- Host an Individual Packing Party
- Reach out to us! Contact us through email or on social media, we absolutely love to hear from you!
- Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletters below!
Here are some reflection or journaling questions to ponder on:
- What has been a simple part of your days quarantined that you are in love with?
- How are ways you will come out of this crisis stronger, individually + with the community?
- Make a list of everything you’d like to say no to or make a list of everything you’d like to say yes to
- I feel happiest in my skin when…
- Write the words you need to hear